A college is as an academic organization of higher education where an individual learns, improves the intellect and develops the enigmatic capacities of mind. College library is considered to be the heart of institution. It supports process of teaching-learning process through providing diverse information resources both Print and Electronic to the users and gives access to the world wide range of books and other materials which boosts reading for gaining knowledge. College library prospects self-education to the students without any merit. It helps students to develop a sense of responsibility in the pursuit of knowledge and stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize information and paves way to acquaint themselves with the developments of knowledge for further learning in new disciplines. College library is also used for leisure and recreation as it offers light reading materials like novels, magazines, newspapers etc.
Library at Govt. Srinagar Women’s College was established in parallel with the establishment of the college in Year 2009 and was shifted to the present campus in 2019. The collections of total books are 9400 approx. including Text and reference Books in varied subjects. The library is in process of Automation.
- Extend support to teaching, learning and research activities of the college.
- Relentlessly, collect highest quality and relevant information sources to make them accessible to the expansive range of users.
- Facilitating users to protect preserve and judiciously use the resources available in the library.
- Enable women users to access the information, resources and services that are essential to make constructive and progressive life choices.
- Provision and promotion of use of diverse and rich collection among the users.
- Supporting and enhancing the academic environment by providing smooth access to information resources.
- To provide the opportunity for self-education to everyone.
- To nurture and promote intrusive minds for both educational and intellectual development.
- To endorse and promote knowledge which is comprehensive, inclusive and global in outlook.
- To facilitate information flow that promotes academic exchange, aptitude building and holistic development of a person.
Reading Halls: The College Library has single reading halls with sufficient seating capacity. It also have a separate reading room with air-condition, computer and wi-fi facility with for study carrels.
Property Counter: The Library offers the facility of property counter to its users.
User Orientation and Awareness: All the newly enrolled students are made aware about the various facilities provided by the College Library every year during Induction/Orientation Programme organized on the start of the new academic session. The students are also helped and trained in searching the books in the College Library by the library staff.
- In-house / Remote Access to e-Resources: Library is member of N-LIST programme of INFLIBNET to provide off site access to various e-journals and e-books etc.
- Download:The users can also download documents and other information from the various databases N-List and other Open Access Resources as per their needs and requirements.
- Reference:College Library provides access to all reference collections including encyclopaedias, yearbooks, dictionaries, biographies, competition books etc. All these reference books are for consultation only.
- New Arrival Display Service:Books newly added to the library are displayed on the Revolving display stands before they are released for loan.
- Newspaper & Magazines:Newspaper reading and magazine stands are provided for the readers
- Current Awareness Service:The Library provides various important services like Current Awareness Services (CAS), Newspaper Clipping Service, Reference Services, information regarding examinations, results, syllabus, etc.
- The College Library Committee:The College Library is administered by the Library Committee. The Librarian holds the position of Convenor while the teachers-in-charge of all the Departments of the College are the members of the Library Committee. Being a statuary body of the library, it gives its recommendations for the betterment of the Library and its services from time to time. The college Library acquires books and reading resources on the recommendations of the Teachers-in-charge of the various departments of the College
|S.no||Name of the Staff Member||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Ms Tazeem Zainab||Librarian||MPhil|
|2||Dr Saba Jan||Library Assistant||PhD|
- ASK A LIBRARIAN
For any Query You may drop a mail at: email@example.com
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES
- LIBGUIDES: https://fordham.libguides.com/ElectronicResources/OpenAccess
- DOAR: https://www.doar.com/
- DOAB: https://www.doabooks.org/
- E-Gyankosh: https://egyankosh.ac.in/
- University of Kashmir: https://www.kashmiruniversity.net/
- JKSSB: https://jkssb.nic.in/
- JKPSC: http://jkpsc.nic.in/